Revamp your tired furnishings.
Are your windows and doors in need of a revamp? Then look no further, Here at Maker We’ve got you covered.
Decorating your home with Teknos
- Sand paper – ideally grit 60 or 80 (to start) and grit 120 (to finish)
- Sponge and warm water
- A good quality long haired synthetic paint brush
- Teknos Futura Aqua 40 or 80 (depending on the gloss level required)
*You may also need paint stripper if the windows have been previously decorated to get rid of the thick layers and Teknos Futura Aqua 3 which will not only allow you to apply a drastic colour change but also protect the wood against the elements.
- First sand down your windows to achieve a smooth finish and remove any flaking paint. Because of the groves and corners on windows, we recommend doing this by hand for the best results.
- Clean the windows with a sponge and warm water to ensure they are free from dust and grease. Leave to dry thoroughly.
- Thoroughly wet your paint brush ensuring that the base of the brush (the heel of the brush) is fully wetted.
- Load the paint generously and disperse quickly over the surface. Even out the coating with light diagonal cross strokes but do not overbrush as the coating will flow and level naturally.
- Finish with light brush strokes in the direction of the grain.
- Apply and finish each section systematically. This means painting your window or door one component at a time. For example, paint the top rail, followed by the stile, followed by the bottom rail.
- Avoid painting in humid weather as this will prolong the drying process and try to avoid painting in direct sunlight as well.
- Once finished, wash out brushes in warm soapy water. And dry brushes thoroughly.
Share Post On:
Get in touch Contact Us
Interested in hearing more? Contact us any time!
5 Oak Business Units,
Exeter, EX2 8FS
Mon-Thur - 8:00 - 17:00
Fri - 8:00 - 15:00